Please feel free to write comments or concerns.
The night before election day my team and I placed my signs throughout Lake County. I continued to be amazed at the many citizens I met during this process. Win or lose ... I felt that evening that I was a winner on so many levels. Here is my Top Ten List.
I am a winner because:
1. I was able to speak to many interesting honest people who love their communities.
2. I continued to learn more about government practices... good, bad and yes the ugly.
3. I visited Lake County neighborhoods that I had not visited in a long time.
4. I became more confident in my personal campaign style. I am more environmentally "green" than other candidates. No brochures for me!
5. I conducted more research on county topics. (Bring those questions on)
6. I enjoyed connecting with other candidates... who are simply - yes simply inspiring individuals.
7. I found more opportunities to be quiet and listen.
8. I participated in amazing events. One example was with the Women's League of Voting. How awesome is that?
9. I have a skilled talented team who happen to be great friends. To be surrounded by such creative and loyal friends is a gift.
10. I worked hard to be a candidate on the democratic primary ballot and succeeded.
Thank you for your continued support.
Our blog starts with simply my "awe"feeling of the many Lake County citizens I have encountered on this journey. Many of my signatures were gathered by myself. Meeting hundreds of citizens and talking to them - even for a brief moment was informative and motivating. I feel listening is an important skill within this position.